Hey guys! Here is a super simple Cinnabon dupe recipe, that even the most amateur chefs can follow.
Trust me, if I could do it…so can you.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
Ingredients for DOUGH
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter [room temp]
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour [will need extra for rolling out dough]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast [about 7g]
Ingredients for FILLING
- 1 cup brown or yellow sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter [softened]
Ingredients for FROSTING
- 4-5 oz cream cheese [softened, depending on how sweet you like your frosting]
- 1/4 cup butter [softened]
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine 2 cups of FLOUR [from your DOUGH ingredients] and YEAST in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine: MILK, BUTTER, SUGAR, and SALT over medium heat, until temp reaches around 120-130 degrees or butter almost melted.
- Add MILK mixture to FLOUR mixture along with 2 EGGS, and mix with a whisk or silicone spatula until blended. Once mixture is a little blended, add the remaining FLOUR and blend it in.
- On a clean surface, dust with a little FLOUR and place the mixture onto the surface and knead in as much FLOUR as possible. Keep KNEADING until smooth and elastic [about 5-10 min]
- Cover DOUGH with oil or cooking spray and wrap in plastic wrap. Let DOUGH rest covered for 15 min.
- While DOUGH is resting, in a small bowl, combine BROWN SUGAR and CINNAMON and set aside.
- Roll the DOUGH into an 18×21″ rectangle. [Could be an oval too if too hard] [Since dough is oily, no need for flour for rolling of the dough]
- Spread 1/3 cup BUTTER on the DOUGH and top with the BROWN SUGAR and CINNAMON mixture.
- Starting with the long side, roll up DOUGH with both hands until you have a long log shape. Cut into 12 even rolls.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan [any pans you have, you can use as long as you grease them. Make sure they’re deeper than 2″]
- Place the ROLLS in the pan and cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Put aside and let rise for about 45 min to an hour.
- Halfway through the rise, PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
- Uncover rolls and remove towel and place in middle rack of the oven and bake for about 13-15 min. [Until lightly browned]
- While the rolls are baking, combine CREAM CHEESE, 1/4 cup BUTTER, CONFECTIONERS SUGAR, VANILLA EXTRACT, and SALT with a mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- Allow rolls to cool for about 5-10 min, spread FROSTING on the warm rolls and serve!